NPO Second Harvest Nagoya
will have a booth set up at the 2015 Chubu Walkathon and welcome donations of non-perishable food items. That said, don't feel you have to run out and buy a cart-load of food. Even if you have unopened, non-perishable foods items kicking around the pantry that seemed like a good idea at the time but now you figure you probably won't consume, bring 'em along! Second Harvest will be collecting:
Important points to check before bring your donation!!
- Rice and Pasta
- Freeze Dried Foods
- Processed Foods (Canned Goods, etc...)
- Instant Foods, Foods in Ready-Made Packs
- Gift Sets (Gifts and Souvenirs such as Oseibo, Ochugen, etc...)
- Cooking Supplies (Miso, soy sauce, dashi, etc...)
- Drinks (Coffee, Tea, Juice etc...)
About Second Harvest Nagoya (2HN)
- Product has an expiration date that is clearly labeled.
(Your donation must have at least 1 month remaining before the expiration date)
- Products from overseas sometimes use manufacturing codes for expiration dates. Unfortunately, we cannot accept these donations.
- Product is unopened and the packaging is in good condition.
- No glass containers and perishable food.
Local volunteers in Nagoya started "food banking operations" in 2008 and received official legal status in 2009.
In 2014, 2HN received 511 tons foods valued at 300 million yen from 91 companies and delivered to 259 organizations in Chubu. www.2h-nagoya.org